Stick Snowman Ornament and Card
This is the fourth of my cards with ornaments. This one features a removable snowman ornament made from a jumbo craft stick.
I sewed a small, strong magnet onto the back of the snowman’s scarf and placed another one behind the greeting panel so the ornament can easily be removed or placed back on the card.
I debated between using regular craft/popsicle sticks or these jumbo craft sticks. I really liked the curvy shape of the jumbo sticks, but they are much longer than the craft sticks. Because I went with the jumbo ones, my card needed to be much longer than most cards. I remembered a video Gina K had done showing a card that fit into a regular business envelope and realized that size would be perfect! My finished card measures 3.75 inches x 9.25 inches. Unfortunately, with the ornament attached, the card is too bulky to mail as a regular letter/card so it will need to be sent from the post office as a package.
For my ornament, I used:
- Wavy Jumbo Craft Sticks
- white paint
- Darice Knit Hat w/Scarf or HERE (with free shipping if order over $50)
- google eyes
- Recollections Button brads
- Sizzix/Tim Holtz Bigz “Assembly Snowman” die (#658770) for carrot nose
- scrap of card stock for carrot
- We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile to punch holes for the button brads
For my card, I used:
- Gina K Designs “Deck the Halls” stamp set
- Stampin’ Up Classic Label Punch
- Recollections Snow embossing powder
- Versamark ink
- Recollections heavy weight white card stock
- Gina K Christmas Pine card stock
- Recollections City Sidewalks Christmas paper pack (discontinued?)
- Recollections Holiday Basics Christmas paper pack (discontinued?)
- 2 magnets
Thanks for checking out my ornament and card project!
This content uses referral links as described in the disclosure policy on my sidebar.