Lucky Me Mother’s Day Card

Lucky Me Mother’s Day Card

(inside: Wishing you the wonderful day you deserve… Happy Mother’s Day!)

This card features a stamp from the “Eight Great Greetings” set from Stampin’ Up (retired) which I stumbled upon while browsing on ebay. This stamp made me chuckle because it is so true! It’s a good thing my mom is awesome – lol!!

After embossing the background panel with the “Floral Border” embossing folder by Darice, I added ink to the raised flowers and dots using two “Fantastix” coloring tools by Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts. For the swirls and leaves, I created a mask and dabbed on the ink with a “Foam Ink Pod” by Darice. (A Fantastix could have been used for the swirls and leaves as well, but I kept getting ink where I didn’t want it and found the mask and pods easier to control for these larger areas. Yeah, several early attempts ended up in the trash…)

The two stamps used for the inside sentiment are unmarked red rubber stamps. I think I purchased them at Michaels years ago, but they are not on their site now.

The inks used were Gina K Designs Peach Bellini, Sweet Corn, and Fresh Asparagus. I also used a Copic Marker (R21) for the flower on the greeting panel. The clear sequins and pierced circle die were unbranded.

Thanks for checking out my card project!

This content uses referral links as described in the disclosure policy on my sidebar.

Camera Note Card

Camera Note Card

I needed a thank you note for a photographer friend who sent me some photos he had taken, and this is the card I made.

I used the “Vintage Photo” cut file I purchased from the Silhouette store. It came with the two panels to create the (silver and black textured) panels on the front, and I used those to create the shaped card base, an additional (black) panel so I could leave some areas untextured, and a plain white panel for a handwritten note on the inside.

Besides the black card base, there are 3 black layers to add depth to the center behind the acetate lens. I used the “Subtle” embossing folder from Stampin” Up for the texture. The Metallic Silver card stock is from Gina K Designs. I used curling ribbon for the strap.

Thanks for checking out my card project!

This content uses referral links as described in the disclosure policy on my sidebar.

Daisy Frame Happy Birthday Wishes

Daisy Frame Happy Birthday Wishes

I don’t use stencils very often (no idea why!!), but when I saw the “Watercolor Stripes” by Altenew HERE, I knew this one was a stencil I would use often. Love the color it adds without a lot of distraction. Thanks for the inspiration, Verna!

I created my stenciled background panel with Gina K Designs Wild Dandelion ink and a foam blending tool.

This card also features die cuts created with the “Great Friends Daisy Frame” die by Frantic Stamper and the happy from the “Happy Birthday 2” die set by Elizabeth Craft Designs. I used Recollections Grey Kraft and white card stock that I layered/offset slightly.

The stamped sentiment strip was created with the “Tiny Words” set from Simon Says Stamp, GKD Stormy Sky ink, and the “Word Window” punch from Stampin’ Up (retired). I love the simple font of the stamps in this set but have found it easy to “mess up” the thin, delicate look by pressing too hard when stamping. If you just barely touch the inked stamp to the paper, the image ends up crisp and perfect. (If you want a bolder look, then press away!)

The current “ModSquad Challenge” is “Perfectly Pantone” where we are to create a card using the 2021 Pantone colors which are GRAY and YELLOW. “You MUST USE ONLY gray and yellow on your card. You may also use black or white if you wish, but NO OTHER COLOR AT ALL.”

Thanks for checking out my card project!

This content uses referral links as described in the disclosure policy on my sidebar.

Plaid and Purple Easter Card

Plaid and Purple Easter Card

(inside: wishing you many blessings this Easter)

My sister, brother and I used to color eggs for Easter at my grandmother’s house every year, and I continued the tradition with my own children years later. This cute plaid pattern is similar to what they looked like when we were done – just kidding!! The colors were similar at least…

I used an egg shaped die to create the frame and placed the plaid patterned paper behind the hole. The greeting pieces were cut twice and offset slightly. I added a few more layers, and this card was complete.

The purple gingham paper was from the “Gingham Digital Paper” set from Striped Elephants, and the plaid was from the “Easter Stripes, Dots & Plaids” digital set from JoDittDesigns – both from Etsy. I also used white and Wild Lilac card stock from Gina K Designs.

The inside sentiment is from “Just Sentiments: Easter” from Papertrey Ink.

Thanks for checking out my card project!

This content uses referral links as described in the disclosure policy on my sidebar.

I’ve been Published!

I’ve been Published!

(Click on the photos for a closer look.)

I’m so excited to share that three of my cards were included in the Spring edition of Creative Scrapbooker Magazine! (Two are pictured above.) The editor contacted me at the end of October to tell me that they wanted to use these cards, and I had to wait until now to see them in print and to share the news.

Here is the page that includes my Easter Z-fold card:

(page 26)

And here is the page that includes two of my Father’s Day cards:

(page 90)

This magazine is published 4 times a year. They put out “page calls” with a list of themes they plan to feature in their upcoming issues, and you can submit photos of your original projects for consideration; click HERE for details if interested. (You will need to send them the actual project(s) if chosen.)

Here are the links to the three cards they used:

Faux Metal Leaves for Father’s Day


Wetlands Father’s Day Card


Hoppy Easter Z-Fold Card


Thanks for checking out my post!