Birthday Box Card with a Twist

Birthday Box Card with a Twist


I saw a video HERE where Maymay created a variation of a box card on the inside of her card.  The other interesting thing she did was to create windows through which you can view the popped up images that are sitting on the hidden strips or crossbars (like on a traditional box card).  And finally, she used stickers for her images (which I never think to do!).

I needed a few masculine cards so I set out to find stickers and card stock that would work with this card design and that would be appropriate for the men’s cards.  I ended up using Me & My Big Ideas (SPX-308) stickers (that I stuck to white card stock and fussy cut) and American Crafts Pinkpaislee #1254 card stock (from Dots & More Dots pad) as well as Recollections kraft and white.


These stickers are foiled.  Here is a better view of the shine.


Here’s a view of the crossbars.



I used a sticker on the front, but I wish I had heat embossed the greeting.  I’m not crazy about being able to see the clear around the words.  Oh well!



The greeting on the back is the Stampendous – Cling “Delightful Birthday” (#CRH306) stamp.


Thanks for checking out my card project!

This content uses referral links as described in the disclosure policy on my sidebar.

Hand Stamped Pattern Paper in Pink

Hand Stamped Pattern Paper in Pink


Yesterday, I shared a card I made with tropical images to create my own patterned paper.  Here are two more with a butterfly theme that I did in pink (Memento Lilac Posies – straight up and stamped off).


These cards were made with only white card stock.  For the first one, the colored mats were sponged.  For the second one, I “smooshed” the Lilac Posies ink and water on the panels before stamping.

The butterfly image is from a set called “Fairy Wishes” (unbranded?).  The rings are from “Timeless Textures” by Stampin’ Up.  The branch (first card) is from a set of floral stamps I found in a “ms. sparkle & co.” bin at Joann Fabrics.

Thanks for checking out my card projects!

Tropical Birthday Greetings – Hand Stamped Patterned Paper

Tropical Birthday Greetings – Hand Stamped Patterned Paper


I created this quick card sample while playing around with some stamps and ink to create my own patterned paper.  I “stamped off” the split leaf philodendron leaves to allow the areca palm fronds to pop.  (Yes, I needed to research the names of these leaves – LOL!)

This card was made with only white card stock and ink.  Memento Bamboo Leaves ink was sponged on one of the white panels to create the green mat and was also used for “stamping off” the lighter leaves.  Mowed Lawn Distress ink was used for the darker leaves and greeting.

These tropical images can be found in the Kaisercraft “Relax” stamp set.

Thanks for checking out my card projects!

A-Maze-ing Birthday

A-Maze-ing Birthday


(inside: Hope it’s a-MAZE-ing!)

This interactive card is a variation of a shaker card – instead of the usual sequins, confetti, or other small items that are fun to shake, this window pouch contains a plastic maze that is fun to tilt and turn to get the ball to the finish.

The maze and metal ball, the shaker pouch, and the dies to cut the window and frame are all from My Favorite Things.   There is a coordinating stamp set as well, although the stamps I used are custom made from


The band across the front was cut with dies from the Gina K Designs Fabulous Label Die Set.  The card stock used is Papertrey Ink Rustic White, Gina K Designs Tranquil Teal, and Authentique Together (#CEL002) from the Celebrate collection.  The ink is also GKD Tranquil Teal.  (Not sure why the ink and card stock look so blue in the photos; I tried multiple times, with no success, to get a pic with the accurate color.  Hmmm…)

Thanks for checking out my card project!

Wine Themed Napkin Cards

Wine Themed Napkin Cards


I have another set of napkin cards to share – this time using a gorgeous, wine themed beverage napkin.

All of the panels on the above 5″ x 7″ card were cut from half of one napkin.  This beverage napkin came folded in quarters.  On each napkin, there were two panels with the wine bottles and glass print and two panels with some text and scroll designs (which is the panel in the back).  When folded, you just see the bottles and glass (which I divided into the two panels in the front).  I added a greeting and scored some horizontal lines above and below the matted panels to “fill in” some of the empty space.

The smaller sized beverage napkins make nice A2 size note card with (most of) the front print as is.  I think these would be great to make boxed sets of note cards.


I also tried one where I resized the above panel slightly and added a few more layers, some raffia, and a greeting to create another 5″ x 7″ card.


Click here to see how I created the napkin panel for my card.

The Mod Squad Challenge this week is called “Layered Looks” where we are encouraged to “create layered cards/projects.  Not just layered backgrounds, but layered images.” 

Thanks for checking out my card projects!