Paint Brush Santa Ornament and Card
As I mentioned in my last post, I have been creating holiday ornaments that can be used as embellishments on cards. The recipient can choose to either leave it on the card or can remove it to hang on a tree if desired. I had seen these Santa ornaments on Pinterest and thought I’d give them a try. (I used thinner paint brushes.)
Here is the ornament by itself:
The ornament is attached to the card with a ribbon and can easily be removed. Re-tie the bow, and the card can be displayed without the ornament.
For my ornaments, I used:
- 1 inch flat all purpose chip brushes
- Apple Barrel Cardinal Crimson Acrylic Paint (#20590)
- Stazon Forest Green Ink
- Hero Arts Tiny Flakes background stamp
- Mini Rusty Jingle Bells (#109105) from Factory Direct Crafts
- Strips of Fur Trim (from Joann Fabrics in the ribbon aisle) I cut it in half and trimmed it so the fur was shorter
- Wiggle Eyes
- Copic Marker R20 for cheeks
For the card, I used:
- Gina K Red Velvet card stock
- Recollections “City Sidewalks” Christmas card stock pack (discontinued?)
- Papertrey Ink White card stock
- Gina K Cherry Red ink
- Gina K “Merry and Bright” stamp set
- Nicole Ribbon
I used my We R Memory Keepers 1-2-3 Punch Board to create a box-like envelope that was then placed in a padded mailing envelope. Unfortunately, these cards are quite bulky and will either need to be hand delivered or mailed as a package.
Thanks for checking out my card project!
This content uses referral links as described in the disclosure policy on my sidebar.