Love Is…

Love Is…

Love Is... yDSCN9673.jpg

 

The Die-Namites Inspiration Challenge this month is to create any project using love as the theme, and “as love is in the air, anything goes.”  Below is the inspiration photo for this challenge; I used the word “LOVE” on my project.

die namites feb inspiration photo

To participate in their challenge you need to use any die cut from Die-Namites and let it be the STAR of your design. You can use this combined with any colors, shapes, patrons, pattern papers, stamps, paints, stencils, etc.  (There is a required minimum of 9 different participants or entries on the challenge which was not met this month so there will be no prize given nor “Top 3 Favorites” chosen.)

I was not familiar with this challenge blog before Verna mentioned it in her blog post, nor did I own any of their dies.  I purchased the Flower Scroll die last week so I could participate in this challenge and have enjoyed playing with it the past few days. I created another 6×6 card using this die.

floral scroll die

This card is also being entered in the “February Release Party Challenge – Mixing Patterns” on stamptv where we are to use at least two different patterned papers and a stamp from Gina K Designs.  You can check out the gallery of cards HERE.

The stamp I used is called “Love Is” (an incentive stamp in Jan. 2015) by Gina K Designs and was stamped with Gina K Charcoal Brown ink.

zDSCN9693

I used two sheets of patterned paper from the “French Kiss” 6″ paper pack by Glitz.  Gina K Charcoal Brown was used for the mats and card base.  Since this card was too big to create the base by folding an 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of paper in half, I needed to create the card base with two panels that I adhered together.  (The front panel was slightly longer and was folded over the top of the back panel.  If you turn the card over, you can see the seam.)

The panels on which the floral die cut (and its “shadow”) are attached were cut using a die from the Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight set.  I cut a panel of vellum using a die from the Spellbinders Labels Eight set and placed it under the floral die cuts to soften the background a touch to make it easier to see the flowers.  I used the same die from the Labels Eight set for the stamped panel and its shadow piece.

Adhering vellum to your project can be tricky because most types of adhesive can be seen through the vellum.  However, I discovered that applying Stick It to the back of the vellum before it is cut (so the adhesive covers the entire die cut) eliminates this problem.  (Stick It is great for adhering intricate dies to your project as well.  Check out this video to see how it works.)

Thanks for checking out my card project!

This content uses referral links as described in the disclosure policy on my sidebar.

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Love Is…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s