Tissue Paper Flowers
Over at Perfectly Rustics this week, the challenge is to try a new technique. (http://perfectlyrustics.com/2015/04/20/prdc-no-46-new-technique/)
This is the second card I tried using the tissue paper technique.
For this card, I used blue tissue paper from an American Greetings super value pack and Gina K heavy base weight blue denim card stock, and I used decoupage (with a satin finish) to adhere the crumpled tissue paper to the card stock and also for a top coat to seal it. Instead of using this panel for the background as I did previously, I wanted to try to cut it with a die to use as my focal images. I used the Sizzix Flowers Layers #3 Original Die (which is a steel rule die), and it cut beautifully! I then made another tissue paper panel (with tissue paper that I did not wrinkle but left smooth) and used Spellbinders Classic Square (large) dies to cut the frames, and that worked well also! I was surprised because I thought it would be hard to get through several layers of decoupage on tissue and card stock, but it was no problem at all! I love the texture of the flowers with the tissue paper; it almost looks and feels like leather, and the decoupage made them bright and shiny.
I created the centers of the flowers with my Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio Bubble Cap maker , Clear Round (14) epoxy shapes, and the same yellow card stock used for the card base. This tool is pretty cool because you can use whatever paper you want to create custom embellishments for your projects.
The polka dotted paper behind the flowers was from the Recollections All Girl 6×6 paper pack, and the solid yellow card stock was from the DCWV Brights 12×12 card stock stack. The white panel was Gina K heavy base pure white card stock which I embossed using the Darice Flower Frenzy Embossing Folder. My greeting was from the Gina K Designs “Birthday Label Duo” stamp set and was stamped with Gina K Blue Denim ink. I used a scrap of the tissue paper panel behind my greeting. A piece of American Craft ribbon finished it off.
Because these flowers with the frames were too big to fit on an A2 sized card, this card is 5×7.
If you’d like to learn and try a new technique, join us over at Perfectly Rustics and share your project! We’d love to see it!!
Thanks for checking out my card project!
This content uses referral links as described in the disclosure policy on my sidebar.